Blog MGC SMK Taman Putri, Kulaijaya masih dalam pembinaan, Harap Maklum - Blogmaster|dcreativeStudio-hisham|

Friday 25 May 2012

How To Evaluate Your Own Essay?

Assalamualaikum!

I believe there are many students who wonder about their performance in their Mid Term Examination, right? I am finding myself in trouble too! It is not easy to mark your essays as I have to give fair judgement upon every essay. Approximately I will take around 45 minutes per script to carefully read and evaluate. However, for those who are wondering about how I evaluate (sort of) your essay, this tips might be helpful, especially for Section B, Paper 1 - 1119.


Brief criteria of the essays in 1119/1
MARKS
BASIC CRITERIA
A     (44-50)
Very accurate language, varied vocabulary and sentence constructions
B     (43-38)
Accurate language, slips of errors
C     (37-32)
Play safe, no errors, but very simple sentences attempted
D     (31-28)
Patches of clear, accurate language
E     (27-21)
Able to make some sense, SWEs
Ui   (20- 15)
Trying to make some sentences, with some vocabulary, MWEs
Uii   (14-9)
Somehow meaningless
Uiii-  (0- 8)
Only words attempted, meaningless.



Therefore, I hope that during this school holidays, you might be able to challenge yourself to come out with an essay and try to do self-evaluation upon your essay. However, if you tend to ask for my assistance to check your essay, you might want to forward it into my email: mivecgirl78@yahoo.com.



[picture of me - giving a talk for Marathon Akademik at SMK Bandar Putra recently]

Happy Holidays everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment